Gorway Global is a public health knowledge and informatics consultancy.
Dr Jammi N Rao, is the Lead Consultant. He has over 25 years of experience in the NHS as a consultant in public health for Sandwell Health Authority and then as director of public health for the North Birmingham Primary Care Trust. He worked for 5 years in the Senior Civil Service with the UK Department of Health.
At the present time he:
- serves on the Board of Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust (HEFT) as a Non-Executive Director and Chairman of the Quality Committee
- works 7-8 days a month as medically qualified member of the Social Security and Child Support Tribunal of Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service
- holds an honorary position as Visiting Professor of Public Health, University of Staffordshire.
His special expertise is in
- statistics and epidemiology. He has recent knowledge and experience of using the statistical programming language, R for data analysis and data visualisation
- teaching statistics with R
- Systematic reviews. In 2012 he spent a year in Birmingham University on a systematic review of chronic pain.
- Rapid reviews of evidence and synthesizing complex numerical, scientific and narrative information to produce intelligence and policy analysis for decision makers in health care.
Updated: Oct 2015